Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sweet Sight

When I went in to get Eliza up from her nap I unwrapped her from the swaddle and said, "hi, baby!"  I said it in a very sing songy/baby voice and Eliza responded with a half smile.  I was surprised and tested it again.  I said, "hi, Eliza!  Hi, baby!" and she did the same thing!  At this point I was kicking myself for not having a camera ready so I grabbed my phone and said it a third time, "hi, baby!" and when she smiled with the right side of her face that time, I was ready!
Pretty impressed with her and amazed that it had worked 3 times, I said it again and this time she started with a half smile that turned into a full one!  
I don't know that we can call this her first official smile, but she was pretty consistent.  And BOY was she cute!!!!  We shall see what happens tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is DEFINITELY official!!! What a sweet little advanced baby!! <3
    p.s. Love the outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she's precious-and yes I would say that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the vote is in. A smile! Now we can reconvene when the question comes up about official SIT! :)

    ReplyDelete